Much of my day is spent doing what I love: assessing the needs of employers and linking them to the Cascade resources that advance workplace success. In other words, member relations.
Just recently a member called, inquiring about an article she read in NewsBrief nearly a year ago. She said the article contained tips on how to turn employee tears into productivity (one of her employees was experiencing a personal problem that appeared to be getting out of hand). She recalled the article left an impression and that one day she may need the advice offered. Well, that day arrived but that particular issue of NewsBrief could not be found in her army of saved files. I was happy to track it down on her behalf, but that also opened the door to reacquaint this member with the many online resources to which she has access, including a NewsBrief archive.
Perhaps it seems a little out of order, but the first place I recommended she visit was Our People. How many times have you spoken with someone at Cascade, wanting to put a face with a voice? You’ll not only find faces on this page, but information about each person that may surprise you (in a good way).
Hopefully the previous paragraph got you exploring the site just a bit yourself. If you didn’t make it to the Member Only Area, you’ll definitely want to check that out. But please don’t get frustrated if you can’t recall your login information when prompted. Send us a message and we’ll forward it to you again, ASAP.
Here are a few of the “Member Only” places that I recommend:
- AnswerSource — An archive of commonly asked member helpline questions.
- Knowledge Check — A series of brief quizzes (with answers) designed to help test your knowledge on various human resource management and compliance administration topics.
- Cascade Tool Box — Sample forms, policies, and guidelines developed by Cascade’s experts.
- CCH AnswersNow® — A cutting edge resource for compliance information. This research tool simplifies the way you access important state and federal forms, notices, and posters, and helps you quickly scan and compare state law summaries, as well as the latest HR news and trends.
- SalaryTrends® — Fresh, local pay data for hiring well and evaluating market pay practices. Enter and update your pay data here for your free annual subscription to this dynamic resource.
- Publications Archive — Past issues of NewsBrief, FreshView, and AAP/EEO Bulletin, newsletters that keep you informed on important workplace issues.
Oh, and if you find yourself confronted by an employee with an out-of-hand personal issue, you too may find helpful the tips recommended in the May 2011 issue of NewsBrief .